Monday, April 03, 2006

Vote for your top 5!!

Dear friends of The Mitch's Ice Cream Sunday,

Ice Cream Sunday (both the event and the weblog) will be going on an extended hiatus in a couple of months time as I'm heading off overseas for a while. That's the bad news. The good news is that in the last few weeks leading up to my departure I'll be re-visiting some of Ice Cream Sunday's greatest hits. But I need my faithful patrons to tell me what the best flavours are. So here's what you're gonna do:

  1. Re-aquaint yourself with the list of past flavours using this blog.
  2. Rank your top 5 flavours by assigning your favorite ice cream 5 points, your second favorite 4 points, and so on. If you've ever watched the Eurovision Song Contest you know how this scoring system works. Feel free to translate your votes into French to really give it that Eurovision feel ('chocolat et pistache...deux points').
  3. Post a comment attached to this entry with your votes in it.

At the end of this month (or just when everyone's voted) I'll tally up the numbers and during Ice Cream Sunday in May you'll be treated to the three flavours that scored highest.

Terms and Conditions

  • Voting is only open to those people who have attended at least five (5) officially sanctioned sessions of The Mitch's Ice Cream Sunday.
  • Only flavours produced between 01/09/2005 and 01/04/2006 can be voted for (i.e. anything after Cheesecake is not eligible).
  • Voting closes at 11:59:59pm on 30/04/2005
  • In the event of a tie, the deadlock will be broken by an SMS poll using a shortlist made up of the two or more flavours that finished with equal points. If this still fails to produce a clear winner, I'll just flip a coin...
  • The Mitch's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
  • Okay, that's it. Get voting!

    8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Dude,
    After a delightful session of remembering each of your delicious ice cream creations, I would like to put forward the following votes:
    5 points for Wattle Seed & Grand Marnier (my all time favourite - who would ever have thought it?);
    4 points for Nutella (mmmm....ghghghghghgh);
    3 points for Maple & Pecan (soo sweeet);
    2 points for Lavender (cos it was both crazy AND delicious), and 1 point for Christmas Pudding, and I don't care that it's not christmas - that was YUM :)
    Now I'm hungry...
    Kate :)

    Anonymous said...

    James says:

    5 - Wattle Seed
    4 - Hazelnut Gelati
    3 - Mint
    2 - Black Pepper
    1 - Nutella

    Great.

    Anonymous said...

    toohey's all time top 5 ice creams to have on a sunday are:

    Peanut Butter - 5 points
    Triple ginger madness - 4 points
    Special Feagans Birthday cherry ripe - 3 points (is this disqualified because it it not yet lucy's birthday?)
    Mint - 2 points
    Maple syrup and pecan - 1 point

    p.s. were it the season to be jolly xmas pudding may have made it in there too.

    Anonymous said...

    5 points - wattleseed (I'm all about dirty coffee)
    4 points - peanut butter (the things you never thought could taste better cold!)
    3 points - coconut&banana (south east asian madness!!)
    2 points - chaicecream (c'mon gang, get behind it!!)
    1 point - peach (can you believe the man ROASTED the peaches first? he's gelorati ROYALTY ie: geloratissimo)
    ...kat

    Anonymous said...

    1 vote- Wasabi (I know it's an outsider, but I really liked it)
    2 votes- Maple peacan (what can I say, real canadian maple syrip)
    3 vote- Peanut butter (I ate so much I was ill)
    4 votes- Chaice Cream (I didn't think it would work, but boy did it ever!)
    And Five votes- Brrrrrrrrrrr
    THE LUCY FAEGINS BIRTHDAY CHERY RIPE SPECTACULAR! If I wasn't already in love with the Mitch that's how you'd win me over.
    T

    The Mitch said...

    Note to potential voters - a declaration of love for The Mitch means that your votes count double...

    The Mitch said...

    Well, in a democracy even the guy counting the ballots gets to cast a vote...

    5 points - mint
    4 points - peanut butter
    3 points - coconut & banana
    2 points - lavender
    1 point - biscotti e crema

    Anonymous said...

    Drew's favourites...
    5 - Black pepper
    4 - Cheesecake
    3 - Biscotti e crema
    2 - Mint
    1 - Ginger

    I'm sure there are others I'd rather vote for, but I can't remember what they all were. I wish I'd had the peanut butter one, it sounds soooo good.