Saturday, January 28, 2006

Recipe: Chocolate and Coconut

Well I was trying to make "lamington" ice cream, but of course the main part of a lamington is the cake, something which this ice cream is obviously missing. So while I feel it does not deserve the title of Australia's most famous baked item, it does make a rich and tasty dessert nonetheless.

400ml milk
300ml cream
3 eggs
200g dark chocolate
~60g coconut (not sure about the quantity here)
1 tsp vanilla
100g sugar

Milk + eggs + sugar = custard. Then melt the chocolate using a double boiler (or the mitch's patented "cereal bowl in a saucepan" method. Stir the cream into that, fold into the custard and mix in the coconut and vanilla.

Remarks: It's too damn rich man! I would probably ease up on the chocolate next time...

5 comments:

Malinda777 said...

I stumbled across your blog in random clicking. Great site for ice cream recipes. So good in fact that I thought my readers would benefit. I linked your site to my blog. http://comejoinin.blogspot.com
If you wish not to be there, just e-mail & I'll take you off. Thanks for the great recipes.

The Mitch said...

Woah. Well I read your right-wing ranting and think that you're completely insane, but hell - i dream of a world where people can put their political, religious and cultural differences aside and unite in a shared love of ice cream. So link away. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Simon,
I am seriously disappointed that as an avid Lamington IceCream Supporter I was denied a taste!! And where's the raspberry jam?!!
kat

The Mitch said...

My dear Kat, you have not been forgotten. There still exists a large amount of said ice cream at ICS headquarters. You shall have some, provided my current house guests can keep out of it...

The Mitch said...

Well, what do you know - my hungry friend from the ACT polished off nearly whole lot! Apologies Kat, I guess you'll have to wait for "Lamington II".